Monday, March 16, 2009

Petticoats

They don't make petticoats this size. And even though the edges are not supposed to be seen, they are usually lacy and it won't do to simply cut them short. But all the patterns I've seen for making them yourself are for ridiculous frilly flouncy ones for square dancing.

Do I look white cowgirl to you???!?!?

Real petticoats are for under skirts, so they fall nicely. And so your thighs don't freeze.

I examined halfslips at the stores, and modified one. It seems to work, but the waist crinkles a bit. I'll have to re-cut it so it fits better.
But it's the right length, and that's most important. I re-banded it at the waist after undoing, and also redid the seams with second stitching.
Shouldn't be cold anymore.
But I wish vanity fair made them extra small. Professionally made just looks better.

10 comments:

GRANT!PATEL! said...

Need I mention that I am keenly interested in your petticoats?


---Grant Prantiwants

GRANT!PATEL! said...

Though nowadays they are called slips. Girl, you are deliciously old-fashioned.



---Princeton Pattarumpe

GRANT!PATEL! said...

And the idea of your petticoat gaily flaring up in the warm warm breeze is charming and poetic.


---Prudarma Nabangloo

The back of the hill said...

Do I look white cowgirl to you???!?!?

No, I can't say that you do.

As per this post:
http://deathbynoodles.blogspot.com/2008/12/tang-li-kwun-two-songs.html
you apparently look like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5o3pjJ09TU&NR=1

By no means cowgirlish. Slightly Texan, perhaps. But not cowgirlish.

The back of the hill said...

And so your thighs don't freeze.


Wear thighhighs. The combination of thighhighs with skirts can be very pleasing, as certain Mangas are at pains to illustrate.

GRANT!PATEL! said...

I concur. Thighhighs are delightful.


---Grant Patel

GRANT!PATEL! said...

I often wear them myself when I think I'm alone.


---Grant Patel

DEATH BY NOODLES said...

Grant, that you wear them is far less disturbing than that you admit that you think you are alone but aren't when you do so.

That alone convinces me not to wear them.

DEATH BY NOODLES said...

Chubby thighs, you're off the hook.

GRANT!PATEL! said...

Please to leave my chubby thighs out of it.


---Abelard Ransomedfat