Thursday, February 12, 2009

Valentine's hoohah!

According to the mangas I've been reading, it is customary in Japan for girls to give boys chocolate on Valentine's day. Girls. Giving. Boys.
Lovingly handmade chocolates, too. That just isn't right.

In one book, the tomboy stays up all night carefully melting bakers chocolate, adding stuff to copper saucepans, shaping and molding dainty confections. So romannnnn... tic.

Heck will freeze over before I do that. Firstly, the Japanese got it all wrong. Boys are supposed to give girls chocolate! not the other way around! Secondly, you buy chocolate at Teuscher's on Sutter Street, you don't make it yourself. Thirdly, I do not know what I'd do if anybody was crazy enough to give me chocolate. Hah, probably only some dirty old man would.
I can buy my own chocolate, I will not eat old geezer candy.

Mangas are not a reliable guide to life.

6 comments:

Spiros said...

Somebody give Mr. Patel's cage a shake; he seems to be asleep.

Anonymous said...

I am not a crude old geezer! Despite what the perverse Spirchete avers.

Am I, my little laddoo?


---Grant Patel

The back of the hill said...

Why are you asking her?

She thinks you're a creep. As she has made fairly clear.

I have a somehwat more rosy opinion of you, but even I am flabbergasted at how meshune and ungezetst you often are.

DEATH BY NOODLES said...

am not a crude old geezer!

Sorry, but you most certainly are. And a creep.

Though perhaps intelligent, and not entirely utterly unredeemable. This jury is still out on that question.

Anonymous said...

I am utterly redeemable, and still exceptionally young.

And gosh darn it, juries like me!



---Grebworth Buttersnatch

Anonymous said...

I am a lobster.


---Gregory Pantisniffs